The Easter fun is done and I hope treated everyone well. It’s been a while since my last post; I was so wrapped up in eating and creating that I forgot about posting! This dish was a breeze to make and a one pot wonder which is one of my favorite ways to cook during the week. It is also versatile and can be used with any protein or veggies of choice. I hope you find this as enjoyable as I did. Please see the ingredients and directions below. Enjoy!
1 cup of sliced red potato
1 cup of sliced yellow onion
1 cup of halved Brussels sprouts
2 cups of chopped Swiss chard
6-8 boneless chicken thighs
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. coarse black pepper
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1.5 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup of water
1. Wash potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Slice onion and potatoes (1 inch thick) and cut the ends off the Brussels sprouts before cutting in half. Set aside.
2. Warm olive oil over medium- high heat. 3. Rinse and season the chicken with half of the seasoning. Place in hot oil seasoned-side down. Season the other side.
4. Let cook for three minutes on each side and place on a plate.
5. Add potatoes and onion to the pot with water and season with a pinch (1/2 tsp) of sea salt and coarse pepper. Reduce heat to medium and let cook for 6 minutes.
6. Add Brussels sprouts and Swiss Chard and a pinch (1/2 tsp) of sea salt and coarse pepper. Add chicken on top and top the pan. Let cook for 8-10 minutes. Check potatoes for tenderness.
6. Turn off heat. Plate and enjoy.