Continuing with a third cocktails and dressings post, this one does include an avocado dressing recipe. I decided to give myself a break from the slab of ribs and chicken I grilled for Memorial Day by also grilling shrimp for an easy salad during the week. I kept this salad simple with tomatoes carrots and tomatoes. The shrimp were truly the star that packed a kick of heat. The avocado dressing was light and flavorful. The best thing about it is you can try many variations including adding rice wine vinegar, garlic or cilantro all of which will certainly enhance the flavor of the dressing and the salad. While my salad was light, the dessert I had certainly was decadent. I tried my first Cupcake Junkie treat-the salted caramel cupcake. I am not a big icing person (I know-weird), but I ate the entire cupcake including the icing. I think it was the salted caramel drizzle that won me over. 🙂 I would certainly recommend it for yourself or to entertain guests. Check out some of the creations at http://www.cupcakejunkiebr.com. Please see the ingredients and recipes below for the cocktail and salad dressing. As always, feel free to share your thoughts.
1.5 ounces of vodka
4 ounces sauvignon blanc or white wine of choice
4 ounces club soda
Half of a juiced lime (1 to 2 wedges)
1. Fill a 16 ounce glass with ice.
2. Add vodka, wine and club soda to glass.
3. Squeeze lime juice on top.
Optional: add a leaf or two of basil for more color in the glass.
1/2 of a small ripe avocado half (2 tbsp)
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp water
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp coarse black pepper
1. Cut and avocado in half longwise and remove the pit
2. Scoop out half of an avocado half with a spoon into a bowl.
3. Using a fork, mash the avocado down until soft, then add the water, lime juice and salt and pepper.
4. Mix thoroughly before tossing the salad greens in the mixture.