It’s the time of year where we enjoy time with and celebrate our families the most. I’ve taken this holiday season to do just that and also wanted to do something a little different with holiday posts. Given that this time is also the season of change, I thought it could be good to share a few essentials I’ve learned to staying well this holiday season. In addition to eating more citrus and taking multi vitamins, I have found it incredibly helpful to purchase a few essential oils and a diffuser. Certain oils like lemongrass, peppermint and eucalyptus oil can be used for things such as common cold, flu, body aches, headaches runny nose, etc. and the prevention of them. Below are three ways I’ve successfully used different essential oils and tapped into their healing benefits.
1. I’ve used eucalyptus and peppermint oil by shaking a few drops in the shower before getting in to get rid of headaches, soothe an itchy throat and to open up a stopped up nose.
1. Lavender I’ve used to soothe into sleep.
2. Lemongrass has done wonders to dry up a running nose.
3. Eucalyptus and peppermint oils work as a natural Vicks or similar product.
1. I like to incorporate lemongrass or a citrus blend into my regular body butter as an extra shield when traveling or in a large public place since often there will be at least one person coughing or sneezing nearby. These oils serve as an extra boost of vitamin C and protection from a variety of things.
The best part is most essential oils have a variety of uses from wellness, hair growth, natural cleansers and insecticides and so much more. If you are curious about where to find the oils and/or diffusers, most drugstores like Walgreens or superstores like Walmart or Whole Foods carry them. You can also order oils online. I challenge you to do your own research on essential oils and give them a try!