With summer upon us, lighter dinner options are a must. I am a fan of salad because it’s versatile and a great way to try out new vegetables and incorporate new flavors. Peaches are in season and a great pop of sweet to a summer salad. I also like to pull a few herbs from my planters and go to town in salads and summer cocktails. In this case, it would be great to pair the two together. If you did not give the adult popsicles a try, this would be a nice dish to enjoy it with or a glass of wine. 😉
Peach and basil salad
2 cups of chopped arugula
1 cup of chopped lettuce
1 small peach diced
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1 cup tomato
2 tbsp. feta cheese
1 tbsp. chopped basil
1 tbsp. chopped pecans (optional)
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. local honey
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
1. Rinse and chop lettuce and arugula.
2. Peel cucumber if preferred, then cut in half horizontally, then make three vertical cuts longwise (scoring the cucumber), then dice.
3. Rinse and slice tomato in preferred size.
4. Rinse peach and score it as if cutting off slices. Then cut in small chunks by cutting horizontally around the peach and removing chunks from pit.
5. Add ingredients to bowl, then top with feta cheese and pecans.
6. Rinse basil leaves then stack and roll to cut them into ribbons. Add to salad bowl or plate.
7. Add ingredients for dressing into a small bowl and mix until honey is dissolved.
8,. Add to salad and enjoy.