I find that cooking is all an exploration of what works and what doesn’t. I am all about finding efficiencies to prepare good meals that are cost effective and saves me time on cleanup. Since I spent time making granola and bread this weekend, I turned to my crockpot for an easy meal. I’ve always wondered if you could cook meat fully in the crockpot without browning it first and whether it would cook pasta for an easy all in one dish; yes you can. I was thrilled with how well it came out and I grated a little Parmesan on top for that final touch of flavor. Check out the easy recipe below and put your crockpot to good use.
1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup sliced mushrooms
8oz frozen spinach
1 25 oz jar of vodka sauce
8oz of dry corkscrew pasta
1 1/2 cup of diced onion
2 cups water
2 tbsp fresh rosemary
2 tbsp fresh basil
- Defrost lean ground meat at least two hours before starting.
- Add meat to a crockpot and breakup thoroughly.
- Dice and slice veggies and mince herbs; add them to the crockpot including spinach.
- Add pasta then sauce and water.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.