There is something to be said about roasted vegetables. Add in some sausage and spice and it’s a win win! Check out this tasty win from today’s demo at the Red Stick Farmers Market!
2 cups large diced eggplant
2 cups large diced squash
2 cups large diced zucchini
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup diced green onion
1 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
1 lb. Italian sausage (optional or sausage of choice)
1 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce
2 1/2 cups of water
1 tbsp. Sunny herb blend (Red Stick Spice) or Italian seasoning
1 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 tsp salt and black pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse vegetables. Cut ends off of zucchini, then cut in half and halve each half. Cut into strips, then dice. Repeat with squash and add to baking sheet.
- Cut ends off eggplant, the cut in half. Cut a half in half horizontally, but only midway through to stabilize it. Slice into strips then dice, repeating with remaining eggplant. Add to baking sheet.
- Coat in oil and mix well. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and dice bell pepper and onion. In a large pot, brown the sausage with the peppers and onion for 5-7 minutes over medium high heat.
- Once roasted veggies are done, add to the pot, then open and add the can of tomato sauce. Add one and a half cans of water to the pot. Reduce heat.
- Add seasoning, stir well and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy! (Can be served with rice or quinoa).