Looking for a quick and light meal option? Check out this herbed citrus salmon topped with a mango avocado salad. I sautéed some greens to go alongside my fish since I chose the mango and avocado which are higher in carbs; however a nice rice pilaf or cilantro-lime rice would also make a great side or meal addition. Check out the recipe below and share your thoughts!
1lb sockeye salmon
½ tbsp. herb blend (parsley, rosemary, thyme or any of your favorites)
Juice of half an orange
Juice of a lemon
1 mango diced
1 medium avocado diced
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
½ tbsp. olive oil
1 clove of garlic
1. If preparing rice or side vegetables, start cooking it first.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
3. Season fish with half the herbs, salt and pepper and place in skillet season side down. Let sear for 3 minutes.
4. While fish cooks, rinse mango. Slice mango off with skin toward the center to score into small squares and place in a small bowl. Repeat with all four sides.
5. Season second side of fish and flip before lowering heat. Add fresh orange juice and half of lemon juice around fish. (Do not pour on top or you could remove seasoning and sear).
6. Cut avocado in half, score into small squares then scoop out into the bowl with mango. Turn off fish and remove from heat.
7. Mince or press garlic into bowl. Rinse and dice fresh herbs and add to the bowl of avocado and mango. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. *an optional addition in a little cayenne for a kick.
8. Plate and enjoy.