I know it’s been a while since my last post! I am hopeful I will be able to apply some of the principles I’m learning in my operations class to make more time for posting. 🙂 Check out this quick tuna steak recipe. I added this chilled on top of a mixed green salad with avocado, toasted sunflower seeds, cucumber and tomatoes with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Tasty and simple! As always, please share your thoughts.
5 oz tuna steaks (2)
1 tsp cayenne
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 tbsp honey
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp coarse black pepper
1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- In a small bowl or ramekin add soy sauce and honey and mix well until honey is dissolved.
- Juice the orange, grate the ginger and and add to the bowl. Add salt and cayenne and mix well.
- In a gallon ziploc bag, add tuna steak and marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add steaks and add coarse black pepper to the top side up. (This will make a crust once flipped.)
- Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip and repeat.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add on top of you favorite salad mix.