As a gal on the go, easy meals are a huge win for me. I prepped a nice batch of spicy citrus shrimp to go with roasted rosemary sweet potatoes and greens and also on top of my beloved avocado toast. Check out the recipe below.
Spicy Citrus Shrimp
2 lbs shrimp
1 1/2 tbsp red pepper flake
1 juiced lemon
2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
4 tbsp minced garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and devein shrimp (it defrost if using frozen).
- Peel and mince roughly a head of garlic.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add garlic and red pepper flake. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and sear for 2 minutes on one side. Juice half a lemon season side up.
- Flip them gently and juice the other half of lemon. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook for an addition 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Enjoy with avocado toast or beside a carb and vegetable of your choice.