It has been a while since I’ve posted; I promise I am still cooking! I am also still growing things. In addition to my kombucha developments (I’m partial to lavender mint), I decided to try my hand at growing mushrooms indoors with a Back To Roots organic mushroom growing kit. I was thrilled at my proficiency and decided to use it in a quick stir fry.
Why mushrooms? Oyster mushrooms are a great immune boost, loaded with antioxidants and other nutrients. Additionally it has anti bacterial properties in the body.
Check out this quick dish below and as always, let me know your thoughts.
1 medium onion
1 small bok choy or 2 cups of raw spinach
2 cups of sweet peppers
1 cup of mushrooms of choice
1 inch (1tbsp) fresh grated ginger
1 lb steak tips
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 cup of cooked rice
1 tbsp avocado oil
1/4 cup of water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice using preferred method.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Open and rinse steak; season with salt and pepper lightly.
- Add steak and cook for 5 minutes. Rinse and slice peppers, rinse and quarter bok choy and slice mushrooms while steak cooks.
- Remove steak and put on a plate. Add veggies, seasoning and water and grate in ginger. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in steak and stir before turning off heat.
- Add to rice and enjoy!