I mentioned in the last post that I was really going to apply my Sunday game plan over the few weeks to do meal planning for the week on a budget. For this week I decided to work with baked chicken and a variety of sides including the dish listed below. Chicken is an easy win because you can literally season it any way you’d like. If making twice or triple the amount, I would challenge you to put one half of the servings in a marinade and simply dress the other half in olive oil, rosemary and salt and pepper for some variety. Since corn is technically a whole grain and not a vegetable, I figured it could count in both categories for an easy meal. It’s always great to pick one or two and grab extra veggies for an easy side salad. Check out the recipe below and certainly share your thoughts.
Oven baked chicken and tabouli corn relish
1 package of chicken legs (4-6)
1 tbsp. local marinade (olive oil, herbs, citrus)
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. coarse black pepper
Tabouli and corn relish
2 husks of corn (1 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup of tabouli (mom’s garden)
1 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1. Combine all of the chicken ingredients into a ziploc bag. Close it and shake it well and rub in ingredients to make sure it is well blended.
2. On a foil-lined baking sheet, and chicken in an even line. Add to a 350 degree oven and bake for 30-45 minutes depending on size of chicken legs.
3. Remove husk corn and rinse corn well.
4. Cut off the kernels into a small bowl with the flattest end down into the bowl for stability.
5. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Serve and enjoy.