Breakfast is the most important meal of my day. I tend to eat like a queen for breakfast and smaller meals through the rest of the day. To keep things interesting I like to try new things like homemade granola for my cereal or yogurt bowls. It’s an easy way to add in extra nutrients from foods like chia seeds, hemp hearts and pumpkin seeds which are loaded with fiber to keep you feeling fuller longer and wonderful omega 3’s for heart health and other health benefits.
I was pleasantly surprised that this only took about 30 minutes to make and was enough for 6 servings. You can always bake it a little longer if you’d like more crunch or color. Check out the recipe below and share your thoughts.
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. flax seeds
2 tbsp. hemp seeds
1/8 cup honey
1/8 cup molasses
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tbsp. sugar *optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add oats and seeds. In a small bowl mix honey molasses and coconut oil well.
- Add content to oats and seeds and mix well.
- Add in an even flat layer to baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir with a spoon or fork to brown evenly and bake for 10 additional minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container in pantry or on the counter for easy use during the week.