Since it’s officially cold outside, its the season for soups, stews and chilis. This turkey chili packs a punch and is perfect to warm up from a cold day. It’s also a perfect dish to restock your supply of homemade freezer meals. I am a big fan of batch cooking, meaning you freeze at least two portions of whatever is made. One pot wonders like chili are great options for this. This chili was ready in 90 minutes. While it can be eaten in less time, I like to give it a little extra time for the flavors to marinate. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 lb. all natural ground turkey
- 1 small can chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1 14.5oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5oz can dark red kidney beans
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomato (no salt added)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Dice onion and mince garlic and add to a large pot over medium heat. Stir gently until onions start to sweat.
- Add ground meat and brown. Open and add the two cans of diced tomato. Add the can of beans.
- Add seasoning. Remove chilis from the can and chop fine before adding to the pot. Stir well then add stock.
- Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Optional: dice green onion and slice avocado to top chili. Add salsa and sour cream to cool it down.